Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Memento


Year: 2000
Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano

I'm reviewing Memento  not so much for the acting, but for the amazing writing and directing done by Christopher Nolan. Everyone knows who he his, but many people, unfortunately, only know him for Batman and Inception. I'm here to tell you that before the masterpiece that is Inception, there was the first AWE-mazing movie Memento. It is the perfect cinematic brain punch where you have no idea what's going on throughout most of the movie and you love it. 

 I don't want to give away even a hint of the plot. Instead I want you to just watch the movie. It's a really well put together film and it is so smart. I found myself saying "cool" many times during the film. It's just entertaining. I'm not a huge fan of Guy Pearce as an actor and because of that my rating is not perfect, but luckily amazing script writing and directing saved it. Hey... go see this movie.

Score: B+

4 comments:

  1. Is this the one with the storyline that proceeds backwards?
    Mindfuck movies are the best, I'll definitely give this one a shot then! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're actually going to be watching this film in my intro to cinema class. I'll see how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete