Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sucker Punch


Year: 2011
Director: Zack Snyder
Starring: Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Abbie Cornish

Sucker Punch was everything I expected it to be. But then again I didn't expect much. I wasn't looking for amazing acting, writing, or directing. I was completely void of all my typical movie critiques because I knew what I was about to watch. A lot of movies fool the audience into believing it is so much deeper than it is causing them to become detached instantly when it isn't and ultimately killing their chances of becoming successful. Sucker Punch did not try to be anything more than what it was. It was beautiful girls, intense action, and well done CGI.

The story is about a girl (Browning) who is put into an insane asylum  where the warden runs a brothel using his ridiculously attractive patients. The movie swerves in and out of reality as she deals with her time in the asylum. I've always been a huge fan of Emily Browning and her acting chops. She really acted well in this film even though she didn't have to at all. She was a big reason I enjoyed this film.

Sucker Punch is entertaining at best. That's why I watched it and that's why I enjoyed it. If you expect too much from certain films they'll have a tendency to let you down. Don't expect too much and you'll enjoy this movie.

Score: C+

3 comments:

  1. I`ve seen this one. Didn`t really like it. It was too abstract for me. But Sucker Punch`s soundtrack was great.
    By the way, I like your blog. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guns, girls, explosions, dragons, giant kung fu warrior thingies, robots.. for what it is, I agree it's pretty good! And seconded on the good soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like the movie, it was kind of trippy at times. Mostly I liked the girl, Emily Browning... She is very beautiful...GB

    ReplyDelete